SARS is looking for a highly skilled, experienced, results driven, self-directed leader to formulate tactical strategy and associated delivery plans by leading and managing an audit team to ensure effectiveness of audit operations across multi tax types, ensuring practice integration and operational implementation through the achievement of Transfer Pricing Audit objectives.
A Honours degree in Accounting/Tax or related studies, registration as a CA(SA), or a M Comm (Tax) would be preferred.
To formulate tactical strategy and associated delivery plans related to a single practice area, by leading and managing an audit team to ensure effectiveness of audit operations across multi tax types, ensuring practice integration and operational implementation through the achievement of Transfer Pricing Audit objectives
Minimum Qualification & Experience Required
Relevant Bachelor’s Degree / Advanced Diploma (NQF 7) AND 8-10 years’ experience in Transfer Pricing, of which 3-4 years ideally at junior management level
Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 15 Transfer Pricing experience
# The alternative qualifications and experience refer to internal minimum requirements
- Enforce compliance management through adherence to technical standards and all relevant legal and SARS requirements
- Manage significant cases, minimise the risks identified and assist in the development of tax and customs legislation where required
- Own end-to-end audits conducted, including finalisation of objections and appeals.
- Accompany auditors in interaction and engagement with the taxpayer, where required
- Timeously communicate top down policy and associated single practice area modification, objective achievement progress and critical success factors to impacted stakeholders
- Use the insights gained through integrated business reports to measure success & realign tactical strategy implementation objectives appropriately.
- Plan for handling work outputs, pull together interdependent activities & specify priorities, standards & procedures to ensure tactical implementation.
- Recommend changes to optimise processes, systems, policies and procedures, and execute the implementation of change and innovation initiated by the organisation
- Proactively identify interconnected problems, determine its impact and use to develop best fit alternatives; implementing best practice solutions.
- Provide periodic reports on performance against plan & progress on short-term initiatives & use to realign tactical plan and objectives appropriately
- Act as the bottom-line drivers of tactical implementation within the context of business unit excellence and performance improvement.
- Direct, control, coordinate and optimise budgeted resources to meet specific objectives and deliver agreed results and productivity requirements.
- Ensure the development and implementation of a practice in alignment with operational policy and procedural frameworks
- Implement tactical strategy and delivery plans through the development of operational activities, ensuring the achievement of operational targets
- Implement governance, risk and compliance policy in own practice area to identify and manage governance and risk exposure liability.
- Manage and or advise on the translation and application of policy in a specific functional area.
- Encourage and enable teamwork, by enabling collaboration with others and commitment to pursuing set goals.
- Develop and maintain a team that is capable for operating to their full capability and provide appropriate skills, knowledge and experience
- Plan & implement enhanced organisational efficiency by identifying and addressing development requirements & providing tools for people resources
- Translate performance expectations into specific metrics and goals to identify and provide effective services, solve problems and achieve objectives.
- Develop & implement appropriate people capacity plans in line with delivery & efficiency targets, on budget & in partnership with specialised area
- Create a positive work climate & culture to energise employees & give meaning to work, minimise work disruption and maximise employee productivity.
- Manage effective cost control of the core processes in line with targeted savings.
- Contribute to the development of divisional budgets to minimise expenditure aligned with divisional plans.
- Implement and monitor financial control, management of costs and corporate governance in area of accountability.
- Draw up a budget aligned to tactical delivery plans, monitor planned vs. actual, minimise expenditure and report on cost efficiency.
- Drive service delivery goals and standards in support of business unit objectives.
- Build strong relationships and implement service level agreements that promote SARS with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage an integrated service excellence culture, which builds rewarding relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Develop and ensure implementation of practices which builds service delivery excellence and encourages others to provide exceptional client service
- Honesty and Integrity
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Developing Others
- Conceptual Thinking
- Championing the Mandate
- Influencing Others
- Mobilising Teams
- Driving for Excellence
- Leveraging Diversity
- Accurate Understanding
- Building Sustainability
- IT Strategy and Planning
- Functional Policies and Procedures
- Managerial Budgeting
- Tax Knowledge
- Business Knowledge
- Operational Audit
- Tax Compliance Auditing
- Effective Business Communication
- Problem Analysis and Judgement
- Planning, Management and Measurement
- Business Acumen
- GOC – Confidential
The Employment Equity policy of SARS will be considered as part of the recruitment and selection process and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Successful candidates will be required to undertake an oath of secrecy, pre-employment screening and or vetting, and a declaration of private interest. The appointment is also subject to appropriate reference(s) and security clearance where applicable