SARS is looking for a highly skilled and experienced, results driven, operational specialist with sound judgement and strong business acumen who will contribute towards our higher purpose and service delivery. S/he will need to be an innovative individual, with deep experience in the emerging technologies and a strong future orientation.
S/he will be an inspiring leader with the ability to build and work with great teams.
S/he will be required to lead a complex portfolio, easily able to advise and lead employees and also directly engage with multiple stakeholders.
As a technology innovator and business process disrupter, s/he should be skilled in conceptualizing, developing and the management of future oriented business technology solutions.
The application of business analysis methodologies as well as a solid understanding of the entire Software Development Lifecycle that will be effectively utilised to understand software solutions to enable internal and external stakeholders to fully benefit from the business technology solutions that are provided by the organization. This will include enhancements to current processes as well as root cause analysis, including the testing of the impacted processes. Constructive engagements with functional specialists, technical support teams and development partners will be a requirement.
Responsible for managing a diverse and dynamic team comprised of functional specialists. Engagements at different levels of leadership will be required. Knowledgeable in different agile management approaches will be required to deliver on operational needs at a pace that keeps the different stakeholders satisfied.
Education and experience
Relevant Bachelor’s Degree / Advanced Diploma (NQF 7) AND 8-10 years’ experience in a similar environment, of which 3-4 years ideally at junior management level
Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 15 years related experience
- Act as the bottom-line drivers of tactical implementation within the context of business unit excellence and performance improvement.
- Direct, control, coordinate and optimise budgeted resources to meet specific objectives and deliver agreed results and productivity requirements.
- Ensure the development and implementation of a practice in alignment with operational policy and procedural frameworks.
- Implement tactical strategy and delivery plans through the development of operational activities, ensuring the achievement of operational targets.
- Proactively identify interconnected problems, determine its impact and use to develop best fit alternatives; implementing best practice solutions.
- Provide periodic reports on performance against plan & progress on short-term initiatives & use to realign tactical plan and objectives appropriately.
- Use the insights gained through integrated business reports to measure success & realign tactical strategy implementation objectives appropriately.
- Plan for handling work outputs, pull together interdependent activities & specify priorities, standards & procedures to ensure tactical implementation.
- Recommend changes to optimise processes, systems, policies and procedures, and execute the implementation of change and innovation initiated by the organisation.
- Timeously communicate top down policy and associated single practice area modification, objective achievement progress and critical success factors to impacted stakeholders.
- Manage the process of continual improvement in the provision of services, instigating remedial actions whenever necessary.
- Build a knowledge base of each client’s business, systems and objectives and ensure alignment technology solutions with business strategies.
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions.
- Provide technical direction for the development, design, and systems integration for client engagement from definition phase through implementation.
- Work with user management to establish the contribution that can be made to business, drawing up requirement specifications, conducting feasibility studies, producing high level and detailed models, oversee development and implementing solutions.
- Partner with service provider and user management to undertake major reviews of SLAs, production and agreement of new SLAs and extensions to existing SLAs.
- Provide advice on the selection of appropriate application strategies, policies, standards, methods and tools for business analysis.
- Manage exceptions, slippage and issues of priority, and initiates extra activities wherever gaps in the programme are identified.
- Maintain the level of customer satisfaction, at regular intervals or after each significant delivery of product or service.
- Identify appropriate tools to monitor, analyse and report on actual performance in comparison to SLA requirements in a manageable and meaningful format.
- Identify and assess options for the implementation of new or improved business processes and present them with recommendations, to decision makers at senior management level.
- Facilitate customers’ involvement in the continuous improvement of the products and services supplied to them.
- Develop the means of improving service to, and relationships with, customers, and monitor the effectiveness of such measures.
- Ensure that the service level management is well documented and audited for effectiveness, efficiency and compliance on a regular basis.
- Co-operate with those responsible in the organization for developing products and services that will help the customer organization to achieve its business objectives.
- Manage the processes that drive value out of the ICT investment and ensure ROI by being a bridge between the functional business area and information systems development.
- Ensure definition of requirements for improving aspect of the processes and systems, and the creation of viable specifications in preparation for the construction of information systems.
- Implement governance, risk and compliance policy in own practice area to identify and manage governance and risk exposure liability.
- Manage and or advise on the translation and application of policy in a specific functional area.
- Create a positive work climate & culture to energise employees & give meaning to work, minimise work disruption and maximise employee productivity.
- Plan & implement enhanced organisational efficiency by identifying and addressing development requirements & providing tools for people resources.
- Translate performance expectations into specific metrics and goals to identify and provide effective services, solve problems and achieve objectives.
- Develop & implement appropriate people capacity plans in line with delivery & efficiency targets, on budget & in partnership with specialised areas
- Implement and monitor financial control, management of costs and corporate governance in area of accountability.
- Draw up a budget aligned to tactical delivery plans, monitor planned vs. actual, minimise expenditure and report on cost efficiency.
- Build strong relationships and implement service level agreements that promote SARS with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage an integrated service excellence culture, which builds rewarding relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Develop and ensure implementation of practices which builds service delivery excellence and encourage others to provide exceptional client service.
- GOC Confidential
The Employment Equity policy of SARS will be considered as part of the recruitment and selection process and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Successful candidates will be required to undertake an oath of secrecy, pre-employment screening and or vetting, and a declaration of private interest. The appointment is also subject to appropriate reference(s) and security clearance where applicable
The appointment is also subject to appropriate reference(s) and security clearance where applicable.