The Department of Agriculture, Western Cape Government has an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified and competent individual to assist the communication component with administrative tasks, promotional items, asset management, vehicle record keeping, branding and exhibitions.
Job: Communication Clerk: Communication Services, Ref No. AGR 2019-55
The successful incumbent must be willing to travel. This post is based at Elsenburg, Stellenbosch.
- Grade 12 (Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification)
- A valid Code B (or higher) driving licence
- Administration experience
- A post graduate qualification in an administration or communication related field
- Ability to perform physical work such as erecting of banners and carrying heavy items
- Willingness to travel when required.
Key Performance Areas
- Render an administrative support service to the sub-programme Communication
- Assist with planning, organising and execution of departmental events by rendering support
- Perform vehicle maintenance and administrative support activities of sub-programmes GG vehicles
- Control and distribute the promotional stock and communication material
- Render a media monitoring support service.
- A good understanding of administration and Asset Management
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Proven computer literacy (MS Office)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Pay attention to detail.
Remuneration R173 703 per annum (Salary level 5)
Note on remuneration: Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes.
Kindly note that technical support is only available from Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 16.00.
Should you experience any difficulties with your online application you may contact the helpline at 0861 370 202.
Please ensure that you submit your application before the closing date as no late applications will be considered. Attachments (if applicable)