Varsity College is an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE).
The IIE enjoys the reputation of being at the forefront of private higher education in South Africa, and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) to provide higher education qualifications accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE).
The IIE’s Varsity College has a vacancy for a: Admission Centre Co-ordinator
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Student Registration Administration:
- Plans and oversees the registration process.
- Prepare Bill of Costs and Invoices as and when required.
- Quality assures all student registration contracts and supporting documentation.
- Creates and maintains all student files.
- Captures and registers students on SAM.
- Foreign Student Policy/Procedure to be followed and reports updated regularly.
- Maintains a record of all bursaries awarded.
- Processes all changes in terms of the course and financial changes.
- Re-Audit of all registration files – deadline for this is end of April for Data Verification Report.
- Re-Audit of all registration files by the end of May. This would include the SAQA/HESA Quals and all conditional acceptance – including remarks, Foreign Students and all outstanding documentation.
- Registration Assistants Recruitment and Training – Dual Function between Marketing and Finance: Utilises the Career
- Centre and general campus communication mediums to advertise Casual or Fixed-Term positions for SRC Registration
- Assistants required during the Registration period. If the vacancy is of a Fixed-Term nature and the candidate will require access to our company systems then the SRC will need to ensure that the successful candidate is not an active VC student or a Student with an Open record as per company policy. The SRC will need to work closely with the campus
- Junior HR Officer to ensure that all recruitment requirements and company policy requirements are adhered to.
- Interviews candidates and recommends candidates for appointment for the short-term registration vacancies.
- Trains Registration Assistants.
- Tracks and monitors team progress.
Student Life Cycle Administration:
- Initiates all incoming and outgoing transfers and provides The Senior Credit Controller with the documentation. The Credit Controllers to prepare the adjustment form and capture on CAMS after authorised approval.
- De-registers students and communicates proof of de-registration of modules to them.
- Ensures that Entrance Requirements are met and that conditional & erroneous admissions are tracked.
- Drafting of letters to students €“ Proof of Reg, Travel, Medical aid and study permit letters.
- Processes additional modules upon request.
- Processes change of programme.
- Initiates the cancellation process and provides The Senior Credit Controller with the documentation. The Credit Controllers to prepare the adjustment form and capture on CAMS after authorised approval.
- Drafts the outcome letter for cancellations and together with supporting documentation forwards to finance to effect cancellations.
Maintenance of a Filing System:
- Ensures all necessary documentation is filed and scanned onto SAM.
- Regularly updates student’s manual files.
- Ensures files are kept for a period of 2 years before archiving.
Provision of Office Support for Finance:
- Assists in addressing general finance queries.
- Redirects complex queries for the relevant person.
Reports & Other:
- Continued assessment, reviewing, correction of all SAM Audit Reports received from the Business Application Manager and extracted from SAM reports relating to but not limited to SATS, SAQA and outstanding NSC documents.
- Continued communication with Assistant Registrar in relation to resolving the above queries.
- Other Adhoc duties when required.
- Interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Works accurately and is able to handle pressure
- Time management skills
Minimum Qualification Requirement:
- Minimum of Matric. Advanced Certificate/ Diploma/ Occupational Certificate Level 6 in Administration advantageous.
Minimum Experience Requirement:
- Minimum of 3 years administration experience.
- EE/AA Position.