The Swiss Re Group is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient.
It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime.
The aim of the Swiss Re Group is to enable society to thrive and progress, creating new opportunities and solutions for its clients.
Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, where it was founded in 1863, the Swiss Re Group operates through a network of around 80 offices globally.
It is organised into three Business Units, each with a distinct strategy and set of objectives contributing to the Group’s overall mission.
About the role
As the world’s leading reinsurance company, Swiss Re Africa, specialises in providing solutions to capital and risk management problems.
We combine financial strength with experience, knowledge and creative thought to exploit new opportunities in the interests of our clients, staff and shareholders.
We are looking for a learner assistant in the Claims Department in Cape Town, to assist the Claims Department with administrative tasks.
The suitable candidate must have the following qualities: first-rate organisational skills, attention to detail, a proactive approach and good analytical thinking.
Your job will include amongst others:
- General internal administration i.e. process and governance.
- Track and manage departmental projects.
- Coordinating and organising internal and external meetings, preparing agendas, taking meeting minutes.
- Maintaining client contact details list.
- Organising the calendar(s) of team members.
- Team travel arrangement, e.g. arranging flights, visa applications, accommodation etc.
- Helping to organise training events and seminars etc.
- Providing support to the team IT system access rights, office moves, supplies, filing, expense claims etc.
- Assisting with the preparation of presentations, client resource material, hand-outs.
- With assistance establish and maintain an organised electronic filing system.
- Electronic filing, scanning and archiving or physical and electronic documents on Share Point.
- Daily triaging claims on Claims Manager.
- Assisting with the synopsising of claims on Claims Manager.
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of a medical resource list.
- Assisting with tasks such as webinar invites, training reminders, etc.
- Running “marketing” competitions.
- Preparing dashboards for client visits.
- Co-ordinating webinar and skype testing sessions.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree, higher certificate or diploma in Business Administration or similar
- Some basic knowledge of reinsurance business would be an advantage.
- Some basic knowledge in project management would be an advantage.
- Excellent English, written and spoken. Ability to speak and write any other language spoken in Sub Saharan Africa (e.g. Portuguese, Swahili, French) would be an advantage
- Excellent and up-to-date knowledge of MS Office tools (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word).
- Excellent communication skills with people at all levels and from all backgrounds/cultures.
- Self-motivated and independent working style.
- Innovative, creative and prepared to embrace change.
- Proactive attitude and ‘can do’ mentality; solution-oriented.
- Strong team player, yet assertive and able to manage conflicts.
- Good at ‘getting things done’ and completing tasks to deadlines, sometimes under pressure.
- Analytically-minded with the ability to critically review existing processes.
Preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates.
Reference Code: 86665