National Treasury of South Africa Job Vacancies are currently open for a Director: Public Financial Management Education, Training and Development (S035/2020).
The incumbent will be required to: Provide sustainable financial management improvement solutions to all spheres
of government by developing Public Financial Management (PFM) learning and development material as well as
appropriate dissemination mechanisms. This fixed term contract position is in support of the Public Financial
Management Capacity Development Programme for Improved Service Delivery, funded by the European Union.
Qualifications and Requirements:
A Degree in Public Financial Management, Public Administration, Education
•Registered assessor and moderator with relevant ETQA will be an added advantage
• Minimum of 5 years’ middle management experience in Education, Training and Development (ETD) environment/ institutions
• Ability to write case studies in line with tutorial principles
• Practical knowledge of public sector procurement processes
• Experience with regard to capacity building/training and education on public finance management
• Experience in developing Education, Training and Development quality management systems
• Experience with regard to information analysis and report writing.
Some key Outputs include: Policy Development and Implementation: Develop ETD policy, guidelines,
mechanisms, methodologies and platforms to engage with service providers for implementation • Initiate the design
and development of the PFM ETD Integrated Learning Matrix, qualifications, quality assurance frameworks, coaching
and mentoring for implementation in government
Curriculum Implementation: Coordinate and influence the development of Education, Training and Development programmes informed by gaps identified in the Integrated
Learning Matrix (ILM) policies, guidelines, mechanisms, and methodologies to engage with service providers •
Develop and implement mechanisms to transfer relevant knowledge and case studies to ETD providers • Develop
Public Financial Management Curriculum frameworks • Develop Public Financial Management course material and
Implementation of the ETD Development and Delivery Framework: Develop and implement
mechanisms to evaluate the PFM learning programme • Oversee the implementation of formal ETD programmes, (like
Financial Accounting) including identification and prioritisation of mandatory programmes through a consultative
Establish a relationship with provincial treasuries to promote public financial management capacity building
Establish relationship with educational institutions to arrange partnership to roll out ETD programmes
Continuous Improvement Research: Research on best practice with regard to ETD development and delivery
• Identify new and alternative ETD development and delivery solutions for the public sector
• Support the advancement of ETD through reforms, good practice and benchmarking
• Monitor and evaluate the progress and impact of ETD development and
Stakeholder Engagement: Engage with stakeholders to facilitate and coordinate the
implementation of ETD development and delivery (national, provincial and local spheres)
• Engage with external stakeholders to facilitate and coordinate the implementation of ETD development and delivery (educational institutions, professional bodies, service providers, relevant quality assurance bodies and research institutions)
• Engage with strategic partners to support the implementation of the ETD framework (DPSA, NSG, COGTA, SALGA, The Presidency and the donor community)
Donor funds administration: Develop proposals to fund public financial management education, training and development programmes
• Develop suitable project management methodologies to implement
Applications may be sent via e-mail to Recruit.OAG@treasury.gov.za
Closing date: 20 March 2020 at 12:00 pm
Please note: We only accept applications sent via email to the above-mentioned email address in a PDF format.
The National Treasury no longer accepts hand delivered or posted applications.
Please also ensure that you read the full advert for guidance on how to send your applications.
For further information regarding the positions please visit our careers page:
http://www.treasury.gov.za/careers/default.aspx or contact Human Resources 012 315 5100