Entry Clearance Assistant needed under contract at the Foreign & Commonwealth Office located in Gauteng.
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of job:
- To perform general office administration duties and to assist with the efficient running of the visa operation.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate must be able to perform administrative duties from various digital platforms and be flexible to move between departments as and when needed.
To data check visa application information electronically by linking and uploading applications, conducting mandatory checks, entering required information and reporting on Service Level Agreement failures including data errors. Successful candidates will be required to meet a daily benchmark at a high level of accuracy.
To ensure that all applications and notices are dispatched in accordance with the standard operating processes and within the required timeline on the in-house data system. To maintain accurate records of all applications being despatched by the UKVI and received by the commercial partner.
Special Handling Unit
To carry out administrative duties within the Special Handling Unit including the facilitation of special applications and the addressing of queries and complaints, whilst keeping accurate records of all pending applications handled within the team.
Enrichment and Verification
To verify documents and/or circumstances as requested by Visa Section
To issue visas as required by the visa department, ensuring that they are accurately completed and issued in line with the guidance and best practice maintaining accurate records where necessary
To perform other ad-hoc duties connected with the Visa Operation’s duties, including, new and developing operating procedures
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Basic IT skills but well versed in Microsoft Excel
- Display strong organizational, analytical and time management skills
- Educated to Matric or equivalent
- Will take responsibility for the quality of their own work and work well in a team
- Strong Customer Focus with good Attention to detail
Level of language required: Proficient
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Data Capture experience
- Office administration duties
Application deadline: 13 February 2020
How to Apply
Grade: A1 (L)
Type of Position: Fixed Term
Duration of Post: 6 months
Country/Territory: South Africa
Location (City): Pretoria
Type of Post: British High Commission
Number of vacancies: 7
Starting monthly salary: R13,437.31
Start Date: 1 April 2020
Other benefits and conditions of employment
Learning and development opportunities:
Mandatory inhouse courses if successful.
The British High Commission pays in full for the Key Care Plus option on Discovery Health for staff including spouses/partners and dependants.
- Once you have successfully completed your probation the British High Commission will contribute 9% of your monthly salary to a Provident Fund
- Annual leave entitlement of 25 days
- Working hours per week of 36.5
Monday to Thursday 07:00 to 17:15 working only the conditioned hours. 8.15 per day
Friday 07:00 to 16:00 working only the conditioned hours. 5.5 hours per day
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Pretoria are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in South Africa
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- The British High Commission do not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates
- Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application